Subject Access Requests

Under Data Protection law a person has the right to ask an organisation for access to personal data they hold about them.

If you have parental responsibility and a child is under 12 years of age, you can also access the personal data the organisation holds about the child. You can request this by submitting a subject access request (SAR). You may do this verbally or in writing. You can do this directly to a school or to the trust. If you wish to make a subject access request to the trust, please email the Trust Data Protection Officer at

On receipt of your request your identity may need to be checked. Once this has been verified, you should receive a response within one month. If you have made a number of requests or your request is complex, we may need extra time to consider your request. We are then able to extend the response period by up to two months. If we need to do this we will let you know within one month.  

You are entitled to submit subject access requests all year round, but please bear in mind that it may be necessary for us to extend the response period when requests are submitted over the summer holidays. This is in accordance with article 12(3) of the UK GDPR, and will be the case where the request is complex – for example, where we need multiple staff to collect the data.

If you are unhappy with the response you receive please contact us. We recommend you do this in writing and address it to the department that responded to you. This may be a school or the central office. If after writing to us, you are still unhappy, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. This should be done within three months of your last contact with us.