Teacher x 2 - St Peter's, Plymouth
Class Teacher x 2
Post 1 – Teacher with subject leadership responsibility
Post 2 – Teacher with responsibility for leading English across the school
Salary: MPS – UPS1
Required from: September 2021
Do you want to make a difference for every child? Do you have a can do attitude and are committed to removing barriers to learning for all pupils? We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic and experienced teachers to our team as the school enters the next exciting phase, having joined St Christopher’s Trust on the 1st April 2021. You will be joining a group of five other Plymouth Trust schools and a wider family of 18 Trust schools which presents a wealth of opportunities for professional development and to develop your career and leadership skills whatever your career stage. You will be self-evaluative, welcome challenge, and be prepared to continually improve your teaching and ‘go the extra mile’ as part of a friendly, supportive team who are all dedicated to improving outcomes for the children in our school. These posts are not suitable for NQTs.
We are looking for:
- Teachers who are highly effective at using assessment for learning to inform and adapt their teaching within the lesson and to plan for future learning.
- The ability to tailor learning to meet of all groups of learners including SEND, EAL and higher attaining pupils.
- A sound understanding and commitment to inclusive practice; able to identify and remove barriers to learning.
- A commitment to working in collaboration within parents, the wider community and the Trust family of schools.
- Teachers who can form excellent relationships with pupils, inspiring all to be the best they can be
- Someone who supports and can uphold the Christian foundation of our school and Trust.
- Someone who is reflective and who has high expectations of themselves and others.
In return we can offer;
- A rapidly improving school and a range of CPD that enables you to continue your growth and development as a teacher.
- Delightful children deserve the very best
- A well-resourced school, tucked away in the heart of the city but will ample ground and accommodation.
To arrange a visit please contact the school office on 01752 667724.
Completed applications should be returned to HR@stcmat.com Please specify in your application which subject you are able to lead on and your preferred key stage for teaching.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 12th May
Interview date: Wednesday 19th May