Year Lead - St Matthews, Plymouth
Year Lead – St Matthews Primary & Nursery Academy, Derriford
Start Date: 25th April 2022
Closing date: 26th January 2022
Are you an experienced and effective teacher who is looking to take that next step into leadership? St Matthew’s Primary school, Derriford is looking for a middle leader to join their talented team of Year Leads. Initially, the role will be to work in Year 4.
St Matthew’s is a vibrant, community-focused school with high expectations of the children and a nurturing approach. We believe in all children being able to let their light shine and achieve this through a curriculum that ignites a passion for learning.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent teacher and able to model best practice
- Has the ability to coach, lead and inspire other teachers
- Has experience of leading a curriculum area
- Wants to become an integral part of the school’s extended leadership team
- A passion for, and strength in the teaching of music would be desirable but not essential
Please ensure that your letter of application includes your areas of particular strength and passion.
We can offer:
- Delightful, well-behaved pupils
- A superb staff team
- A spacious, modern and well-equipped building
- Excellent CPD and career advancement potential as part of St Christophers Multi-Academy Trust
- MPS or UPS (with possible acceleration from MPS to UPS for the right candidate)
For an informal discussion or a tour of the school please call 01752 395969.
Please send your completed application form to HR@stcmat.org
Closing date: 12:00pm 26th January 2022
Provisional date of interview: 2nd February
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.