Year Group Lead - St Leonard's, Exeter
Group Lead, St Leonard's CofE Primary School
Contract Term: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: MPS2 – UPS
Anticipated Start Date: September 2021
Pupils on roll: 592
St Leonard's C of E Primary School is seeking to appoint a Y1 or Y2 Year Group Leader to support the wider senior leadership team. This is a brand new, exciting opportunity due to a restructure, for the right candidates to make a difference to the provision and development of three classes, one of which they will teach in themselves. If you are motivated about developing the curriculum, raising standards and providing stimulating learning experiences for young minds, we want to hear from you! This role would also include leading the development of a whole-school subject.
St Leonard’s can promise you a newly established, dynamic and passionate core leadership team who are enthusiastic about driving change and raising standards. You will have the opportunity to work alongside us and make a real difference in our community. This is an exciting role to help shape and lead the future innovation and development of the school going forward.
- A welcoming, friendly school with a strong Christian ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do.
- Children who are articulate, happy and motivated to learn.
- The opportunity to work in a school with unique spacious grounds close to the city centre.
- A new headteacher who puts children at the heart of all decision making.
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 17 schools within the St Christopher’s Trust.
The successful candidate will:
- Have leadership skills that will enable staff to flourish and pupils to reach their potential underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge.
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values.
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
- Have high expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact the school on 01392 666570 if you wish to make arrangements
To apply please see the documents below for more information and for an application form, which should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 9:00am on Monday 26 April. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 30th April.
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be asked to send in a virtual tour of their current class and to teach on the interview day at St Leonard’s.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.