Teaching Assistant - St Peter's CofE (VA) Junior School, Tavistock
Teaching Assistant – St Peter’s Church of England Junior School
Location: St Peter’s CofE Infant School, School Close, Greenlands Estate, Tavistock, PL19 9HW
Position: Teaching Assistant
Contract Term: Fixed term until 31st August 2022
Salary: Grade SC Level 2 – SCP 3-5 Starting salary £14,269 (FTE £18,887)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week
Term Time only: 39 weeks per year
Start Date: September 2022
Deadline: Monday 11th July at 12pm
Interviews: Monday 18th July
St Peter's Church of England Junior school is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support our children with their learning. We are looking for someone with previous experience of working with children who is a great team player and want to be involved in all aspects of school life. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a difference to the provision for our pupils. If you are enthusiastic, motivated and passionate about raising standards and providing stimulating learning experiences for young minds, we want to hear from you.
Successful candidate will: -
- Be able to work in partnership with the current teaching staff, to complement their delivery of the national curriculum
- Be able to build strong, positive relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents
- Have the ability to deliver structured teaching and learning activities for groups of pupils
- Support a creative and purposeful learning environment
- Be able to work creatively and flexibly
- Be able to prioritise tasks effectively
We will offer you: -
- Happy, enthusiastic and polite children
- A welcoming, supportive and inclusive Christian school ethos
- A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children
- A commitment to high quality continued professional development
Applicants should outline the experience and expertise they would bring to this role. The candidate should have relevant experience with this age group of children and a TA qualification or the intention to gain a qualification upon appointment.
If you would like to visit the school please contact the school office to arrange telephone: 01822 614640
Please find below an application form, which should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 12pm on Monday 11th July 2022. Provisional interview date: Monday 18th July 2022.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.