School Name: St Matthew's Church of England Primary & Nursery Academy
School Address: Peregrine Road, Derriford, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 5FN
Job Type: Full Time Permanent Class Teacher
Application Deadline: Monday 18th May at 09:00
Job Start Date: 1 September 2020
We are looking for an excellent, creative teacher to join our team on a permanent basis for September 2020. The post can be in Key Stage 1 or 2.
St Matthew’s C of E Primary and Nursery Academy is a wonderful, forward thinking school filled with hard working teachers and children. We are lucky and have a new, purpose-built school with excellent facilities including a dedicated dance studio and art room. Our strong Christian Ethos and values help to create an atmosphere of nurture and peace, whilst we pride ourselves in being at the forefront of educational thinking and practice.
We are looking for someone who can join our incredibly dedicated team; someone who has high expectations of children and self, has good classroom and behaviour management, is adaptable and flexible and a strong team player. We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you:
- Have high expectations and can deliver strong teaching and assessment to all pupils regardless of who they are
- Have a proven track record in delivering high quality learning
- Are creative and able to bring the curriculum to life
- Have recent sustained experience of Year 3 and a keen knowledge of ensuring that there is no slippage in the transition between Key Stage 1 and 2
- Has a good knowledge of phonics catch up
- Are able to work independently and as part of a team and also know when to take advice and guidance
- Have a positive and productive relationship with staff, children and parents
Whilst we expect this role to be based from St Matthews, as a Trust we have a number of other schools in Plymouth which may also provide an opportunity for you. We will share these details with you during the recruitment process.
An application pack can be found
Closing date: Monday 18th May 2020
Interviews: Friday 22nd May 2020
on the St Matthew's web-site: https://st-matthews-cofe-academy.secure-primarysite.net/current-vacancies/
If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
St Matthew’s Academy is part of the St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust. We are committed to safeguarding children in our care and any successful candidate is subject to a satisfactory DBS check and relevant pre-employment checks.