Teacher - St Leonard's, Exeter
Multi Academy Trust: St Christopher's
Place of work: St Leonard’s C of E Primary School, Exeter
Pupils on roll: 592
Job term: one permanent and one fixed term for one year
Appointment type: Full time, starting in September 2021
St Leonard's C of E Primary School is seeking to appoint two teachers (one to a permanent role and another for a one-year fixed term role) to start in September 2021. One of these posts will be to teach in Y2 and the other is flexible; please state your preferences in your application. NQTs and RQTs are very welcome to apply.
If you are dedicated to developing stimulating learning experiences for young minds and delivering an engaging curriculum that raises standards, we want to hear from you! St Leonard’s can promise you a newly established, dynamic and passionate leadership team who are enthusiastic about driving change and raising standards. You will have the opportunity to work alongside us and make a real difference in our community.
- A welcoming, friendly school with a strong Christian ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do.
- Children who are articulate, happy and motivated to learn.
- The opportunity to work in a school with unique spacious grounds close to the city centre.
- A new Headteacher who puts children at the heart of all decision making.
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 17 schools within the St Christopher’s Trust.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to enable pupils to reach their full social and academic potential, underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge.
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values.
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
- Have high expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact the school on 01392 666570 if you wish to make
To apply please complete the application form, which should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 8:00am Monday 17 May.
Interviews will take place on Friday 21st May at St Leonard’s. There will be a number of tasks, including teaching a lesson on the day to a class of children at our school.