Teacher - St Leonard's CofE Primary School, Exeter
Place of work: St Leonard’s C of E Primary School, Exeter
Pupils on roll: 600
Job term: fixed term for maternity leave (approximately two terms)
Appointment type: Two days a week, starting in September 2023
Pay Scale: M1-6
St Leonard's C of E Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Year 1 teacher who will teach two days a week (on a Monday and Tuesday) to cover a maternity leave. The role will start in September 2023 and last approximately two terms.
If you are dedicated to developing stimulating learning experiences for young minds and delivering an engaging curriculum, we want to hear from you! St Leonard’s can promise you an established, dynamic and passionate leadership team who are enthusiastic about driving change and raising standards. You will have the opportunity to work alongside us and make a real difference in our community.
- A welcoming, friendly school with a strong Christian ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do.
- Children who are articulate, happy and motivated to learn.
- The opportunity to work in a school with unique spacious grounds close to the city centre.
- A Headteacher who puts children at the heart of all decision making.
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 19 schools within the St Christopher’s Trust.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to enable pupils to reach their full social and academic potential, underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge.
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values.
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
- Have high expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact the school on 01392 666570 if you wish to make arrangements.
Applications should be submitted by 8am, Monday 12th June and emailed to HR@stcmat.org
Interviews will take place on Thursday 15th June at St Leonard’s. There will be a number of tasks, including teaching a lesson on the day to a Year 1 class.
Please visit Vacancies | St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust (stchristophersmat.org) for an application form and further details.
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.