Place of work: St Matthews CofE Primary & Nursery Academy, Peregrine Rd, Derriford, Plymouth, PL65FN
Pupils on roll: 408
Job term: Fixed Term until 31st August 2020
Appointment type: Part time 0.4FTE
Closing date: Friday 15th November 2019 - Noon
MPS 1 - 3
Would you like to work in a new, purpose built and rapidly expanding primary school in Plymouth’s Ocean City? St Matthew's C of E Primary & Nursery Academy is seeking to appoint a part time teacher to work across our school to cover PPA/NQT release in Key Stage 1 and 2 commencing as soon as possible. This post is not suitable for NQTs. Working as part of St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust, this is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future development of our school as we grow to become a three-form entry primary school within a new housing development. As part of St Christopher’s Trust we can offer a range of professional development opportunities whatever your career stage and we are looking for teachers that relish a challenge, stand out from the crowd and really want to make a difference.
- A welcoming, nurturing school with a strong ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do
- Children who are happy and motivated to learn and a supportive and welcoming staff team
- The opportunity to work in a brand new school, with spacious grounds within Plymouth’s Ocean city.
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 16 schools.
The successful candidate will:
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
- High expectations of themselves and pupils established this a positive, can do and proactive nature.
- A commitment to developing an engaging and exciting curriculum based on practical and first hand learning experiences, within and beyond the classroom making the most of our school grounds and local learning resources.
- Is reflective and focused on learning – that of themselves and others and has a strong pedagogical practice and philosophy that underpins their approach to teaching.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
When completing an application please ensure you address all aspects of the person specification, particularly in relation to our Christian distinctiveness. Please indicate any preferences for Key Stage.
Visits to the school are welcomed on Tuesday 12th November 2019 - 10am
Applications should be submitted by Friday 15th November 2019 - Noon.
Interviews are due to take place on Friday 22nd November 2019
A copy of the job description and an application form can be found on the school website at www.stmatthewsacademyplymouth.org Applications by email to be sent to email@example.com or by post.