SENDCo and Pupil Premium Lead - Tavistock Church Schools Federation
Tavistock Church Schools Federation (St Rumon’s CE (VC) Infants School & St Peter’s CE (VA) Junior School)
Post: SENDCo and Pupil Premium Lead
Grade: MPS – UPS3
Hours: 16.25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Required from: 1st September 2021
Closing date: Midday Thursday 24th June 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 29th June 2021
St Peter’s Junior and St Rumon’s Infant School are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher with a specialism in SEND to support pupils across our infant and junior schools. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of pupils with SEND in our school community as we continue to develop our inclusive practice. Working across two sites, you will have a real influence on our provision, supported by our hardworking and committed staff team.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an outstanding teacher who inspires and motivates staff and pupils
- Hold the National SENDCO Award or be working towards it
- Have the drive and ability to secure excellent rates of progress and attainment for all children, no matter their starting point
- Have energy and vision to work with our talented teaching team across the whole school, ensuring excellent provision, inclusive practice and outcomes for children with SEND
- Have the drive and commitment to identify pupils’ needs and to secure and utilise additional resources for pupils with SEND
- Have a secure understanding of how to use data to ensure progress
- Develop a strong partnership with pupils, parents, external agencies and the wider community
- Be committed to their own professional development
- Have strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Contribute to the wider life of our church school
We can offer you:
- A dedicated and motivated team of colleagues and governors, committed and passionate about driving the schools forward and improving outcomes for all pupils
- The opportunity to be a key player in defining the strategic direction of SEND in our schools
- A happy and harmonious school community, working hard to bring the schools together
- A great opportunity to make a difference to our children
- A welcoming, supportive and inclusive school ethos
- A commitment to high quality continued professional development
Visits to the school are encouraged. Due to Covid restrictions these will take place before or after school. Please contact the Executive Headteacher Suzy Dyter to arrange. Tel: 01822 614640
When completing your application please ensure you address all aspects of the person specification.
Please see below for an application form. Your completed application form should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by Midday on Thursday 24th June 2021. Provisional Interview date Tuesday 29th June 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.