Learning Support Assistant - Upton St James CofE Primary School, Torquay
Learning Support Assistant, Upton St James Torquay
Salary: SC Grade 2 SCP 3-5, starting salary £12,473 per annum (£18,562 FTE)
Hours/weeks: 29 hours & 35 mins per week (8.45am – 3.10pm), 38 weeks per year
Contract term: Permanent
Closing date: 2nd November 2021
Interview Date: 5th November 2021
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant who will be able to support our children with their learning.
Upton St James is a wonderful, inclusive school on a small site with a huge heart. We are based in a Victorian school building but hold modern, nurturing values. Our strong Christian Ethos helps to create a warm, calm atmosphere, whilst priding ourselves on our high achievements. The Academy is part of the St Christopher’s Trust - a family of 18 Church and Community Schools spanning three local authorities and providing a rich network of collaboration.
Successful candidates will: -
- Be able to assist pupils to learn and reach their full potential
- Have high expectations and understanding of behaviour of all pupils, especially those with SEND
- Work in partnership with the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
- Contribute to and maintain, a purposeful learning environment
- Have experience of delivering interventions for children
- Have a secure understanding of how to support children’s understanding including strategies such as use of Makaton, Widgit and Thrive-type approaches
We will offer you: -
- Happy, enthusiastic and polite children
- A welcoming, supportive and inclusive Christian school ethos
- A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children
- A commitment to high quality continued professional development
Applicants should outline the experience and expertise they would bring to this role. A relevant qualification of NVQ Level 3 is desirable.
Please find below an application form which should be completed and returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 9am Tuesday 2nd November. Interviews will take place on Friday 5 November.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.