Learning Support Assistant - Upton St James CofE Primary School, Torquay
Learning Support Assistant, Upton St James Torquay
Learning Support Assistant
LSA Salary: SC Grade 2 SCP 3-5, starting salary £ 7,488 per annum (£18,887 FTE)
Hours/weeks: 17 hours and 30 mins per week, 38 weeks per year
Contract term: Permanent
Start Date: September 2022
Weeks: 38 weeks per year
Contract term: Permanent,
Closing date: 2nd September 2022
Interview Date: 9th September 2022
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant who can both support effective classroom-based learning and a number of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) who require additional support.
The applicants need to have patience, resilience and care.
Upton St James is a wonderful, inclusive school on a small site with a huge heart. We are based in a Victorian school building but hold modern, nurturing values. Our strong Christian Ethos helps to create a warm, calm atmosphere, whilst priding ourselves on our high achievements. The Academy is part of the St Christopher’s Trust - a family of 18 Church and Community Schools spanning three local authorities and providing a rich network of collaboration.
Successful candidates will: -
- Be able to assist pupils to learn and reach their full potential
- Have high expectations and understanding of behaviour of all pupils
- Work in partnership with the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
- Create and maintain a purposeful learning environment
- Have experience of delivering interventions for children
We will offer you: -
- Happy, enthusiastic and polite children
- A welcoming, supportive and inclusive Christian school ethos
- A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children
- A commitment to high quality continued professional development
Applicants should outline the experience and expertise they would bring to this role. A relevant qualification of NVQ Level 2 is desirable.
Please find below an application form. Your completed application form should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 9am Friday 2nd September 2022. Interviews will take place Friday 9th September 2022.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.