Headteacher - St Michael's C of E Primary Academy, Exeter
Headteacher, St Michael's C of E Primary Academy, Exeter
Salary/Grade L14 - 18 (£61,043 - £67,351)
Closing Date: 9am Monday 27th February 2023
Interview Date Monday 13th March and Tuesday 14th March 2023
Job Start Date Autumn Term 2023
New Year New challenge?
St Michael’s is a large two form entry Church of England Primary & Nursery School, in the heart of the vibrant community of Heavitree, a suburb of Exeter. The school is inclusive and as such, welcomes children with a range of needs and from a variety of backgrounds. The school has a strong reputation for its inclusive culture and values led education. Through established and embedded values, St Michael’s has a clear learning approach and this is an exciting opportunity to lead a large city primary school into the next phase of its journey.
For experienced leaders, the role presents a chance to lead a large school team, engage in further developing the current curriculum, lead a school at the heart of the community, served by an established and supportive Trust. For anyone looking to relocate, this is a fantastic opportunity to lead an established and wonderful school community, with a fantastic Devon lifestyle on the doorstep. Applications are encouraged so we can secure the right person to lead the vision for the next part of the St Michael’s journey.
We are looking for someone who has;
- A clear vision for the curriculum, knowing what is to be taught and how
- Passion and drive for the best provision for every pupil
- Thoughtfulness in their leadership, open to learning
- Supportive approach to their staff
- Experience building productive relationships with school communities
- A desire to work in a collaborative culture as part of a multi academy trust
- An understanding of, and desire to be, a Church school leader
Our School and Trust can offer;
- A well-resourced school with a broad curriculum
- Enthusiastic children with dedicated and committed staff, open to learning and change
- A welcoming community with an excellent range of established local partnerships
- A supportive Trust community that will facilitate a focus on teaching and learning
- Commitment to your professional learning, accompanied by regular coaching or supervision
- A thorough induction programme specifically tailored to your needs and experience.
For more information, please visit the Trust and School websites: St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust. Home | St Michael's Church of England Primary Academy (stmichaelsacademyexeter.org)
We encourage you to arrange a discussion about the role with Sean Millar, Director of School Improvement, by emailing email@example.com
Applications to: HR@stcmat.org
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, for all shortlisted applicants. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.