Deputy Headteacher - Tavistock Federation
Deputy Head Teacher – Full time - Permanent
Required from: September 2021
Closing date: 5pm 12th May 2021
Provisional Interview date: 20th May 2021
Salary L5 – L7
St Peter’s Junior and St Rumon’s Infant School are looking to appoint a passionate and ambitious teacher with leadership experience as Deputy Head Teacher across both schools, with day-to-day leadership responsibility at St Rumon’s. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work under the guidance of the experienced Executive Headteacher and make a difference to the provision and development of both the infant and junior school. If you are motivated about curriculum development, raising standards and building a broad and inspiring learning experience for young minds, we want to hear from you.
St Peter’s and St Rumon’s can promise you the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and passionate Executive Head Teacher and within a wider trust team who are enthusiastic about raising standards and supporting schools and leaders. This exciting role will allow you to help shape and lead the future innovation and development of the schools.
- Welcoming and friendly schools with a strong Christian Ethos and a set of values and vision that underpin all that we do.
- A new and experienced Executive Headteacher who ensures that the children’s learning needs are at the centre of all decision making.
- Children who are happy, articulate and motivated to learn.
- Strong links to the local Tavistock community and a passion for learning through outdoor experiences.
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development across our family of 18 St Christopher’s Trust schools.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a desire to work in strong partnership with the existing Executive Headteacher and leadership team.
- Have leadership skills that will enable staff to flourish and pupils to reach their potential.
- Be dedicated to safeguarding and nurturing all children, raising standards and removing barriers to learning for children.
- Have a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical knowledge that underpin leadership and drive aspirations for children.
- Be willing to support and further the church of England ethos of the school through our school vision and values.
- Have high expectation of themselves and others with a positive and proactive nature.
- Be an excellent communicator, and be able to inspire all they encounter to be the best they can be.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Due to Covid restrictions these will take place before or after school. Please contact the Executive Headteacher Suzy Dyter to arrange. Tel: 01822 614640
When completing your application please ensure you address all aspects of the person specification. Please see the documents below for more information and for an application form. Your completed application form should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 5pm on 12th May 2021. Provisional Interview date Thursday 20th May 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.