Multi Academy Trust: St Christopher's
Place of work: St Leonard’s C of E Primary Academy, St Leonard’s Road, Exeter, EX2 4NQ
Pupils on roll: Currently: 600 Expected September: 630
Job term: Permanent Start Date: 1 September 2019
Appointment type: Assistant Headteacher (L4-L8) Full time
Would you like to work in an Outstanding, recently expanded primary school in the cathedral city of Exeter? St Leonard’s C of E Primary Academy is seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to our leadership team.
Initially, this is a non-teaching post to support the headteacher in the day to day running of the school and lead a team of teachers to improve the quality of teaching, learning and provision within the school.
Working as part of St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust, this is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future development of our school. As part of St Christopher’s Trust we can offer a range of professional development opportunities whatever your career stage and we are looking for leaders that relish a challenge, stand out from the crowd and really want to make a difference.
- A welcoming, nurturing school with a strong ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do
- Children who are happy and motivated to learn
- A supportive and welcoming staff team
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 16 schools.
The successful candidate will:
- Have leadership skills that will enable staff to flourish and pupils to reach their potential underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge.
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school through our school values
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
- Have high expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
- Have a commitment to developing an engaging and exciting curriculum based on practical and first hand learning experiences, within and beyond the classroom making the most of our school grounds and local learning resources.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Visits to the school are encouraged and are available on
- Wednesday 3rd April -5pm
- Friday 5th April -1.30pm
- Tuesday 16th April -9.30am
To arrange a visit, please contact the school on 01392 666570.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday 24th April 2019 9.00am.
A copy of the job description and an application form can be found on the schools website http://www.stleonards.devon.sch.uk/vacancies/
Applications by email to be sent to Laura Liu, Senior Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.